Course Objectives and Duration
In-depth study of all the technical aspects of the instrument and of the orchestral repertoire. Preparation of auditions and competitions with mock auditions.
The expected duration of the course is from October to June.
The course is normally divided into monthly sessions, during which each student is entitled to 10 hours of individual lessons, 3 of which with the collaboration of a pianist, and to participate in collective activities organized during the academic year, including mock auditions and end-of-year concerts at the Auditorium Parco della Musica, and, for the most deserving, opportunities for involvement in the Academy’s artistic activities.
At the end of the course, a certificate of attendance will be issued, subject to regular participation in scheduled lessons and didactic activities. It should be noted that the Trumpet Course is an advanced training course; it does not include exams upon completion of the educational path and is therefore not aimed at obtaining the Diploma of the Santa Cecilia National Academy.
- The course is open to Italian and foreign citizens of any nationality no more than 30 years of age.
- Candidates must be in possession of a Conservatory (old system) Diploma or a 1st or 2nd level Academic Diploma in Trumpet. Exceptions to the aforementioned requirements may be allowed in exceptional cases, in the presence of particular and recognized artistic qualities and subject to evaluation and approval by the examination board.
The admission, as active students, is subject to passing an entrance exam that will take place by sending video recordings, according to the indications in the paragraph “Admission exams”.
Applications for admission
Applications for admission, written online by filling out the form at the following link: https://santacecilia.it/alta-formazione/form-di-iscrizione-corsi-di-perfezionamento, must be received no later than September 19, 2022. Proof of the application having been successfully sent will consist of the e-mail sent by the Academy.
The following documents must be attached to the online application:
- Diploma certificate;
- Artistic curriculum with repertoire;
- Photocopy of passport or other identity document;
- Exam program chosen by the candidate;
- Proof of payment of the admission fee.
Admission exam program
- A movement from a Concerto or a Sonata at the candidate’s choice;
- Three orchestra excerpts from the lyric-symphonic repertoire at the candidate’s choice.
Entrance examinations will be held in two phases:
- Pre-selection based on video recordings sent by applicants and made according to the following criteria:
- fixed-camera, unedited, uninterrupted filming of at least one movement of each piece of the entrance examination programme;
- each piece of the submitted programme must be recorded separately (1 file 1 piece);
- only files in MP4 format shall be accepted;
- the individual files must be named with SURNAME and name of the candidate, author, title of the piece (e.g. ROSSI Mario _Beethoven_Simphony n° 5.mp4). In order to facilitate indexing, please follow the indicated order.
- Registrations that do not comply with the aforementioned technical requirements will not be considered valid for admission to the pre-selection.
- Video recordings must be forwarded via WeTransfer to email@example.com by no later than September 19, 2022.
- The results of the selection will be communicated by October 3, 2022.
- Final live exams: the candidates who will have passed the pre-selection will be asked to hold a live audition in Rome, at the Academy’s headquarters, Via Vittoria, 6- Rome at October 19, 2022.
For admission exam and attendance
- € 50,00admission exam;
- € 1.200,00annual frequency.
Students who do not comply with the payment of attendance and exam fees will not be admitted to lessons and exams.
All payments can be made, indicating in the description “Trumpet Course”, by:
- Postal payment
c/c n° 30406003 in the name of the Santa Cecilia National Academy – Foundation
- Bank transfer
c/c n. 9872 in the name of the Santa Cecilia National Academy – Foundation
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro (BNL) Agency n. 6340 of Rome, Via del Corso, 471
IBAN: IT31 I 010 0503 2400 0000 0009 872
SWIFT: BIC BNL IITRR
- Paypal on the Foundation’s website (https://santacecilia.it/alta-formazione/paypal/)
The receipt of the payment for attendance must be sent to the academic office (segreteria didattica) by no later than 15 days from the date of admission to the course.
Students are given the right to pay the tuition fee in two equal installments, the second by March 1st,
Withdrawal from the course will not give the right to a refund of the amount paid.
Information and contacts
Santa Cecilia National Academy – Foundation
Via Vittoria, 6 – 00187 Roma
Tel: +39 0632817.348 – 321 – 305
Fax: +39 0632817366
All requests and communications to the academic office must be sent by e-mail, specifying the purpose of the request for quicker handling.